Fresh content on a website is essential for search engine optimisation (SEO) and one way of ensuring this is through blogging. The difficultly many customers have, however, is knowing what to write a blog post about, as well as how they actually write a blog.
It is worth remembering that every question your customers ask is potential content for your site – if you supply materials to builders, for example, and have a contractor who wants to know what you would recommend for a certain type of building, then the chances are other contractors want to know that too. You could title your blog with the question and then simply answer it below.
Suggestions of what to write a blog post about:
- Top five FAQs – are there regular questions that customers ask your team time and again?
- Completed jobs – what has been completed that week/month: show potential customers what you offer and could do for them!
- New staff members – you employ the best of the best, shout about it!
- Office move – a great of letting more people know your new address
- Repost other site’s industry news
- Accreditations – any updates/changes to any of these
- New accreditations – are you now accredited by different organisations
- Testimonials – have you received any glowing references lately? Let people know!
Any achievement your company has made can be shouted about in your blog posts – if you don’t, then how will your customers know about them?
Take a look at our previous blog post How to blog! to help you get started with your blogging!